Have we not all dreamed of running our own company by the age of 29? Don’t you think that even with a disability, it is still possible to achieve your goals? Have you met women who suffer resistance, torture and persecution and still go out and campaign for human rights in their society? Can you put a name to great individuals who are revolutionizing the sciences and medical fields?
TAKREEM was founded to recognise and celebrate such Arab men and women who are each making history in their own way.
Following Beirut, Doha, Manama, Paris, and Marrakesh the 2015 TAKREEM Award Ceremony was held in Dubai in the presence of HH Sheikh Nahayan Mabarak Al-Nahayan, minister of Culture, Youth and Community Development.
This year, the Jury has voted to recognise the following laureates for their achievements:
- Dr. Fadlo R. Khuri – Lebanon for the Scientific and Technological Achievement Award
- Mr. Khalid Al-Khudair – KSA for the Young Entrepreneur Award
- Al Kamandjâti – Palestine for the Cultural Excellence Award
- Lebanon Eco Movement – Lebanon for the Environmental Development and Sustainability Award
- Ms. Vian Dakhil – Iraq for the Outstanding Arab Woman Award
- Ms. Rawan Barakat – Jordan for the Innovation in Education Award
- Dr. Jumana Odeh – Palestine for the Humanitarian and Civic Services Award
- Mr. Nabil Habayeb – Lebanon for the Corporate Leadership Award
- Save the Children – Middle East for the International Contribution to Arab Society Award
- Mr. Riad Al-Sadik – Palestine was awarded a Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Mrs. Mamdouha El-Sayed Bobst – Lebanon and Dr. Ghazi Algosaibi – KSA were posthumously awarded a Lifetime Achievement Award
- Dr. Hilal and Margaret Al-Sayer – Kuwait received a Special Distinction Award.
The TAKREEM 2015 Jury Board included HM Queen Noor Al-Hussein, HRH Prince Mansour Bin Nasser, HRH Princess Banderi AlFaisal, Mr. Issa Abu-Issa, HE Sheikha Mai Al Khalifa, Mr. Thomas Abraham, Sheikh Saleh Al-Turki, Dr. Farida Allaghi, Mr. Samir Assaf, HE Lakhdar Brahimi, HE Shaikha Paula Al Sabah, Mr. Samir Brikho, Mr. Carlos Ghosn, Mrs. Nora Joumblatt, Dr. Ahmed Heikal, Dr. Samer Khoury, Mr. Marc Levy, Lady Hayat Mroue Palumbo, Mrs. Asma Al Mutawa, and Mr. Raja Sidawi.
Prominent journalist Laila Al-Shaikhli hosted the 6th Award Ceremony attended by 800 guests among whom were royalties, leaders, CEOs, academics, intellectuals, journalists and artists.
A press conference, attended by the laureates and the strategic partners, took place the next day at the Capital Club, DIFC followed by a luncheon and a series of panel discussions.
TAKREEM was given invaluable support by the following strategic parters: Audemars Piguet, AMEC Foster Wheeler, GSSG, King Abdullah Economic City, Nesma, Renault-Nissan Alliance, and Salam International.
For further info, please visit www.takreem.net